of Indian Crafts Store
½ kg kathal (jackfruit)
4 onions – ground to a paste
½ pod garlic
2” piece ginger
2 tsp dhania (coriander) powder
1 tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp haldi
1 stic dalchini (cinnamon)
4-5 laung (cloves) – crushed
3 tomatoes – chopped
½ cup dahi – beaten with a fork
1. To keep the kathal from sticking to your
hands, rub oil on your hands.
2. Remove the outer skin of the jackfruit
with a sharp oiled knife. Cut into thick, big pieces,
taking care that the
pieces do not open up on cutting.
3. Deep fry the pieces to a golden brown
colour and keep aside.
4. Grind onions to a paste in a blender.
5. Grind ginger and garlic to a separate
6. Heat 6 tbsp oil. Add dhania powder. Cook
for ½ minute on low flame. Add the onion paste and cook
7. Add dalchini and crushed laung. Cook for
8. Add ginger – garlic paste. Cook for 1
minute on low flame. Add haldi and red chilli powder.
9. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook for 7-8
minutes, till tomatoes get mashes and the oil separates.
10. Add curd gradually and cook till nasala turns brown
again and oil separates.
11. Add salt and garam masala. Add 1 cup water. Boil.
12. Add the fried kathal pieces and cook covered on low
flame for a few minutes, stirring very gently. Serve
Copyright © 2011, Craftsofindia.com
Apartment-74C Ashok Vihar, Phase-1,
Tel : +91-11-27136362, 27224973, Mobile :
e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org