of Indian Crafts Store
½ kg paalak (spinach)
1” piece ginger
2 green chillies
3-4 flakes garlic – optional
3 tomatoes – pureed or grated
Crushed seeds of 2 moti illachi (brown cardamom)
¼ tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
4 tbsp ghee
200 gms paneer (cottage cheese) – cut into 1” cubes
1. Chop paalak leaves, discarding the
stalks. Wash in plenty of water. Pressure cook paalak
with ¼ cup water to
give one whistle. Keep on low flame for 10
minutes. Cool and blend in mixer.
2. Grind onions, ginger, chillies and garlic
together to a paste.
3. Grind tomatoes separately in a mixer ro
4. Heat ghee. Add onion paste and cook till
5. Add tomatoes. Cook till ghee separates.
6. Add spinach and cook for 10-15 minutes on
7. Add salt, moti illachi and pepper. Remove
8. Cut paneer into 1” cubes, leaving aside
some for garnishing. Deep fry to a golden colour.
9. Mix paneer pieces in the cooked spinach.
Give it one boil.
10. Serve, garnished with finely grated paneer.
Copyright © 2011, Craftsofindia.com
Apartment-74C Ashok Vihar, Phase-1,
Tel : +91-11-27136362, 27224973, Mobile :
e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org